Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Pussy power

It's my birthday and I can celebrate pussy power if I want to.

Last week's TIME cover delivered Trump air fisting - that eternal symbol of peace and love - so I am glad that the cover in my birthday week is one more fitting and less fisting.

The whole reclaiming of 'pussy' as a term of women's empowerment and unity rather than denigration by sleaze balls like the pussy grabber and fister in chief, and as neatly symbolised by a pink 'pussy hat' - because it is pink after all - fills me with a sense of sisterhood that I can honestly say as a feminist I have not felt in my rather long lifetime before.

So happy birthday me, thank you TIME, and pussy power to one and all!

And if you're wondering what to get me for my birthday, even if it is summer here, please feel free to take the hint. Purr, purr... (I can't knit).









 

No comments:

Post a Comment